Buyer's Checklist for Closing
What You Need to Provide Prior to Closing
- A copy of the good faith estimate provided by your lender.
- Homeowner's hazard insurance information (name of the insurance company, the premium and when it's due).
- Social Security numbers for borrowers.
- Copy of the executed Power of Attorney (bring the original to closing), if applicable.
What You Need to Bring to Closing
- Photo ID
- Certified Funds if the amount due is more than $5,000. The funds can be made payable to you and endorsed at closing.
- Personal checkbook in the event the amount needed at closing changes from the amount provided to you by the lender or closing attorney.
- Homeowner's hazard insurance with paid receipt or invoice showing the amount due to be paid at closing.
- Any documents required by lender as conditions of closing (i.e. copies of tax returns, profit sharing, etc.).
- Original executed Power of Attorney (if one party is unable to attend closing), if applicable.